Seaside & IslandsMatogata Beach & Clam Digging Spot
This beautiful white sand beach is both a clam digging and swimming spot.
Visitors can enjoy clam digging from April 1st to June 30th, and swimming from July 1st to August 31st.
Coin locker available
Accepts credit cards
- Train: Free shuttle bus service is available from south of Oshio Station on the Sanyo Electric Railway
Car: 15 minutes from Takasago-Kita Ramp on the Kakogawa Bypass, 20 minutes from the Fukuzaki Interchange on the Chugoku Jukan Expressway, 15 minutes from the Himeji-Higashi Interchange on the Sanyo Expressway
- Regular cars 500 yen, Buses 1,000 yen
- Business Hours
- [Open Hours] 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
[Clam Digging Hours] 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
[Swimming Hours] 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- [Clam Digging Fee (Includes clam digging and resting)] Adults 1,400 yen, Children 800 yen
[Swimming & Resting Fee] Adults 800 yen, Children 500 yen
- Matogata-1718 Matogatachō, Himeji, Hyogo 671-0111
- Matogata Beach & Clam Digging Sightseeing Cooperative Association Websiteopen in another tab
Himeji City Museum of Art
The Himeji City Museum's red-brick building is located amongst the incredible scenery of historic l…
Tomisu-no-Sato is the only facility in Japan where visitors can enjoy radon bath therapy in the rem…