FamilyHimeji City Zoo
The Himeji City Zoo offers a view of the UNESCO World Heritage Site Himeji Castle and a relaxing, lush green setting where visitors can stroll along the inner moat and see elephants, giraffes, polar bears, and many other animals.
The zoo also has a petting area, where visitors can enjoy interacting with guinea pigs, ducks, goats, and more, and a mini farm where visitors can see animals like dairy cows and chickens, that most of us no longer see on a daily basis.
Coin locker available
Accepts credit cards
- Train: Approx. 15 minute walk to the north from Himeji Station on JR/Sanyo Electric Railway
Bus: Approx. 3 minute walk from Shinki Bus "Himeji Castle Otemon-mae" bus stop.
Car: 15 minutes west from the Himeji-Higashi Interchange on the Sanyo Expressway or 15 minutes north from the Nakachi Ramp on the Himeji Bypass
- None. *Parking is a available for a fee at nearby public lots.
- Business Hours
- 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. (Last entry at 4:30 p.m.)
- Adults 210 yen, Children 30 yen (5 years and up, up to 3rd year junior high school age)
Free for those with disability certificates and free for one caregiver.
- December 29th - January 1st
- 68 Honmachi, Himeji, Hyogo 670-0012
Himeji City Aquarium
The Himeji City Aquarium features familiar creatures of the land and seas of the Harima region.
Himeji Maedore Market
Here, fish caught in the Harima-nada Sea is sold directly by the Boze Fisheries Cooperative.