MuseumsHimeji City Museum of Literature
Located northwest of Himeji Castle, Himeji City Museum was designed by architect Tadao Ando as a space for visitors strolling through the city and castle to dialogue with literature.
In the permanent exhibition room in the North Wing, stories and history related to Himeji Castle are introduced in the Gallery Tracing the History of Himeji Castle.
In the Forest of Words Gallery, visitors can touch on the lives of writers through the words they left behind.
In the South Wing, there is a Kids' Room with picture books for children, and a café.
Coin locker available
Accepts credit cards
- Train: Himeji Station on JR/Sanyo Electric Railway
Bus: Take Shinki Bus to "Ichinohashi Bungakukan-mae / Otokoyama Senhime Tenmangu" bus stop, and walk 4 minutes to the north
- Space for approx. 50 cars (Free)
*Please contact the museum in advance if you are making your visit in a large bus.
- Business Hours
- 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. (Last entry at 4:30 p.m.)
- Adults 310 yen / High school and university students 210 yen / Elementary and junior high school students 100 yen (Fees may vary for special exhibitions.
- Mondays, the day after holidays, and New Year's holidays
- Barrier-Free Information
- No steps at entrance / No steps in hallway / Wheelchair accessible toilet / Wheelchair rental service
- 84 Yamanoichō, Himeji, Hyogo 670-0021
- Social Media
- Instagramopen in another tab
Hyogo Prefectural Museum of History
The Hyogo Prefectural Museum of History opened in April 1983 with the goals of "deepening Hyogo Pre…
Himeji Port developed long ago as a strategic point of transportation in the Seto Inland Sea, suppo…