Present day Shimizu Park was originally established as a guard post by the Edo shogunate (1603-1868) for maritime security in 1639, and the beautiful view that can be seen here is known as the "guard post view." The "Harimakagami," a geographic guidebook from the time, describes it in this way: "The scenery visible from this place in the inlet is overwhelming, and in the mist, in the shining light of the setting sun, one can make out the keep of Himeji Castle on the opposite shore."
Coin locker available
Accepts credit cards
- From Himeji Station, take Shinki Bus (approx. 20 min.) to the "Himeji-ko (Himeji Port)" bus stop, then take a 30-minute ferry ride and disembark at Miya Port on Ie Island. Walk approx. 20 minutes.
- 50-6 Ieshimachōmiya, Himeji, Hyogo 672-0102
Kodera Herb Garden
At the Kodera Herb Garden, herbs are grown in a way very close to nature, without the use of pestic…
Every year, swimmers from the cities of Kyoto, Osaka, and Kobe flock to the Ie Islands to enjoy the…