HistoryJunisho Shrine/Kiku Shrine
This shrine enshrines the Shinto deity Sukunahikona.
According to shrine legend, in the year 928, 12 stalks of yomogi (Japanese mugwort) in one night, and in accordance with the divine message, a shrine to the Chief God Nouneguni, a deity of local development, was built in Daishogun, Noune-cho. In 1175, the shrine was moved to this location.
It is also told that because the shrine is to the southwest of the castle, it was moved here in the Edo period (1603-1868).
Kiku Shrine is also located on the shrine grounds, which had long been visited by pilgrims as the site of the deity Sangiku Daimyojin.
Coin locker available
Accepts credit cards
- Train: Approx. 10 minute walk from Himeji Station on JR or the Sanyo Electric Railway
- 120 Junishomaecho, Himeji, Hyogo 670-0911
Enzan Memorial Museum of Japanese Traditional Crafts
This museum was established to honor the legacy of Ijiri Enzan, known for his research on Borobudur…
Japan Toy Museum
A leading toy museum in Japan with two stars in the Michelin Green Guide. Approximately 5,000 items…