MuseumsFamilyHimeji Science Museum “Atom no Yakata”
Himeji City Science Museum (nicknamed, the "Atom Building") is a comprehensive science museum opened in the suburbs of Himeji in 1993.
In August 2009, the museum exhibits underwent a complete rennovation, introducing permanent exhibits on the second to fourth floors ("The Earth and Nature of Himeji," "Science Around Us," and "Our Universe," as well as one of the largest planetariums in Japan, renovated in March 2013, with 284 seats in a 27-meter-diameter dome. A variety of presentations and events are also held frequently, including special exhibitions in the special exhibition room on the first floor.
Guided tours of the stars in our sky by expert commentators in one of Japan's largest planetariums.
Tour and experience the permanent exhibits on the three themes of "The Earth and Nature of Himeji," "Science Around Us," and "Our Universe."
Time required: 2 hours
Number of possible participants: 500
Reservations: Not required *Reservations are required for groups of 20 or more.
Coin locker available
Accepts credit cards
- Bus: Take Shinki Bus to "Hoshiko-kan-mae" bus stop
Car: 10 minutes from the Himeji Nishi Interchange on the Sanyo Expressway
- Space for about 70 cars (Free) *More parking is also available at nearby Sakurayama Park Parking Lot (Free)
- Business Hours
- 9:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. (Last entry at 4:30 p.m.)
- Permanent exhibition: Adults 520 yen / Elementary, junior high and high school students 210 yen
Planetarium: Adults 520 for adults / Elementary, junior high and high school students 210 yen
- Tuesdays (open when Tuesday is a national holiday), the day after national holidays (open on Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays), New Year's holidays (December 27th - January 3rd), and other irregular days
- Barrier-Free Information
- No steps at entrance /No steps in hallway / Wheelchair accessible toilet / Wheelchair rental service / Elevator for wheelchair users
- 1470-15 Aoyama, Himeji, Hyogo 671-2222
Inner Harima Scarecrow Village
Inner Harima Scarecrow Village is located in Seki, an area in Yasutomi to the north of Himeji City.…
B&G Ocean Center
Located in Manoura, Ieshima-cho on Ie Island, this facility is a marine sports and leisure facility…