MuseumsHimeji City Museum of Art
The Himeji City Museum's red-brick building is located amongst the incredible scenery of historic landmarks like the UNESCO World Heritage Site, Himeji Castle.
The museum building was used as an army facility before the war, and as Himeji City Hall for many years after the war. It opened as an art museum in April 1983.
It has three exhibition spaces (permanent, special exhibition, and collection galleries) and an art library that can be browsed free of charge.
Thirteen sculptures have been installed in the garden, which is a popular place for Himeji residents to relax.
Coin locker available
Accepts credit cards
- Train: 20 minute walk from Himeji Station on JR/Sanyo Electric Railway
Bus: Take Shinki Bus to "Himeyama Koen Minami/Iryo Center/Bijutsukan-mae" bus stop
Car: Approx. 15 minutes from the Himeji Minami Ramp of Himeji Bypass
- None. *Parking is a available for a fee at nearby public lots.
- Business Hours
- 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. (admission until 4:30 p.m.)
- Permanent Exhibition: Adults 210 yen (160 yen), College and high school students 150 yen (120 yen), Junior high and elementary school students 100 yen (80 yen)
*Prices in parentheses are for groups of 20 or more. Contact the museum about group admission fees.
Special Exhibitions: Fees vary depending on the exhibition.
- Mondays (or the following day if Monday is a national holiday) and New Year's holidays
*The museum may close temporarily from time to time; please contact the museum directly for the latest closing information.
- Barrier-Free Information
- No steps at entrance / No steps in hallway / Wheelchair accessible toilet / Wheelchair rental service
- 68-25 Honmachi, Himeji, Hyogo 670-0012
Himeji Port developed long ago as a strategic point of transportation in the Seto Inland Sea, suppo…
Otokoyama Senhime Tenmangu Shrine
Located to the northwest of Himeji Castle, this small shrine is said to have been built by Lady Sen…