Himeji City MascotLocal SakeHimeji FoodsOtemon Gate Tea House
Otemon Teahouse is a rest house looking out on World Heritage Site, Himeji Castle.
The rest house includes a café (offering coffee, cappuccinos, orange juice, etc.) and sells Himeji souvenirs (phone straps with Himeji City mascot Shiromaruhime, Nikko maple tea, goods related to the historical feudal lord Kuroda Kanbei, etc.). There is also a Yamazaki Shop, a convenience store that sells bread, sandwiches, rice balls, boxed lunches, sweets, beverages, and miscellaneous goods.
Otemon Teahouse is located in the Otemon Parking Lot, making it very convenient for sightseers!
Please stop by for a cup of coffee in the morning, lunch, a short rest on your way home, or for shopping.
Coin locker available
Accepts credit cards
- Train: 15 minute walk north from Himeji Station on JR or the Sanyo Electric Railway
Bus: Take Shinki Bus to "Himeji Castle Otemon-mae" bus stop and walk 5 minutes.
- Business Hours
- 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. / 10:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. (April 27th - August 31st)
- Matcha green tea (with daifuku sweet) 500 yen / Rice malt amazake (sweet sake) 200 yen / Almond toast and coffee set 450 yen
- December 29th - 30th (same as Himeji Castle)
- Barrier-Free Information
- No steps at entrance / No steps in hallway / Wheelchair accessible toilet / Wheelchair rental service
- 68 Honmachi, Himeji, Hyogo 670-0012
Himeji is the birthplace of leather working in Japan, with a tanning history that goes back remarka…
Iseya Hon-ten Himeji Souvenirs (South Himeji Station Piole)
Iseya Hon-ten is a long-established traditional Japanese sweets shop, and their tamatsubaki ("camel…