FamilyHimeji City Aquarium
The Himeji City Aquarium features familiar creatures of the land and seas of the Harima region.
It was re-opened in July 2011.
In addition to displays of animals like turtles, penguins, and aquatic life, the aquarium has also created ways for visitors to enjoy exhibits with all five senses with the materials its keepers have put together over the years. We hope you'll be able to learn a little more about the creatures here as you enjoy the aquarium.
Coin locker available
Accepts credit cards
- Train: 10 minute walk from Tegara Station on the Sanyo Line
Bus: Take Shinki Bus and get off at "Himeji-shi Bunka Center-mae" bus stop or "Himeji-shi Chuo Oroshiuriba-mae" bus stop.
- Tegarayama 1st Parking Lot, 200 yen once per day
- Business Hours
- 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. (No entry after 4:30 p.m.)
- Adults: 520 yen
Elementary/Junior High School Students: 210 yen
- Tuesdays (or the following day if Tuesday is a national holiday), December 29th - January 1st
- Barrier-Free Information
- No steps at entrance / No steps in hallway / Wheelchair accessible toilet / Wheelchair rental service / Braille displays
- 440 Nishinobusue, Himeji, Hyogo 670-0971
B&G Ocean Center
Located in Manoura, Ieshima-cho on Ie Island, this facility is a marine sports and leisure facility…
Hiromine Jinja Shrine
At the end of the Nara Period (710-794), when Japanese scholar Kibi no Makibi returned from China, …