Local SakeHimeji FoodsTakata-no-Baba
Takada-no-Baba is located in front of the Ote-mon Gate, the entrance to the National Treasure, Himeji Castle, a 15-minute walk from JR Himeji Station.
In addition to its close proximity to the Himeji-nishi and Himeji-higashi Interchange on the Sanyo Expressway (25 minutes), Takata-no-Baba is Himeji's largest sightseeing specialty shop: the first floor can accommodate 50 people at its table,s where groups and travelers can rest, meet, or gather at their leisure. There is also a souvenir corner. The second floor is a tatami room with a view of Himeji Castle, and can accommodate up to 150 people for rest, various parties, and events.
Coin locker available
Accepts credit cards
- Train: Approx. 15 minute walk from Himeji Station on JR or the Sanyo Electric Railway
Bus: Approx. 5 minute walk from the Shinki Bus "Himeji Castle Otemon-mae" bus stop.
Car: Approx. 25 minutes from the Himeji-Nishi IC on the Sanyo Expressway
- None (the nearest lot is Otemon Parking Lot)
- Business Hours
- 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. (Until 6:00 p.m. during summer)
- Takata-no-Baba Manju Steamed Bus (large) 1,100 yen (tax incl.) / Salty Manju Steamed Bun (large) 1,200 yen (tax incl.)
- Open year-round (temporary closures may be held due to natural disasters, maintenance, etc.)
- Barrier-Free Information
- Braille displays / Sign language service
- 68 Honmachi, Himeji, Hyogo 670-0012
Yoshida Sogo Printing Jinkasa Kobo
Himeji Castle jingasa (a traditional soldier's hat) to commemorate your visit to Himeji Castle!